Friday, August 16, 2013

And Today's Mystery Plant Is......

The world's most phallic pepper:
Even though this is a plant I grew from seeds, I haven't the faintest idea what kind of pepper it is, but judging from the small size, I'm guessing it's a rather hot one.  I do have a few recipes for pickled vegetables where one puts a whole red chile in the jars, so I guess I have something I can do with them, but I'm rather chapped about this plant.  I'm used to squash doing whatever it wants to do and just generally being a pain, but I thought peppers and I had a bit of an understanding--they grow well, they don't need a lot of work, and until this year were pretty predictable.  If the cucumbers turn on me, I think I'm going to need therapy..............

1 comment:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Looks just like a cayenne pepper. Wait until it turns red to pick it!

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...