* Just because everyone else's garden froze last week doesn't necessarily mean mine isn't still going strong.
* When trying a new canning recipe, it's always a good idea to have a few extra jars ready. Especially when the recipe says idiotic things like "cook until thick."
* There are times when I will use TWICE the number of jars a canning recipe says I will. While it may indeed be a time for rampant cursing, it isn't a cause for panic.
* If I had decided to plant only part of my tomato starts, I would probably have had very few actually producing. Deciding to plant ALL of them seems to inspire a competitive streak in them for overproducing. There is nothing in between.
* NOT planting zucchini has made me very popular with my other gardening friends, and has landed us with more zucchini than when we grow the silly stuff.
* A refrigerator is much bigger in the store than it is during harvest season.
* Living in Idaho doesn't actually guarantee that one can grow potatoes easily
* No matter how dedicated I think I'll be, I am always ready for the garden to die when October rolls around--which seems to invigorate the garden. Dang it.
You know you've reached a whole new level of gardening when you receive a wholesale catalog.....
So Sunday night I discovered a new "social media" website called prabook.org , and the WAY I discovered it was to find out that ...
Note: I am not a psychologist, psychiatrist, or a counselor. Knowing what we have been through and talking with friends what have also bee...