Monday, December 16, 2013

Party-Hardy

Or at least partly. 

Saturday, I attended not one but TWO Christmas parties.  This is quite exciting for me, as I haven't been able to do anything of the kind in two years. 

The early party was a Christmas ornament exchange party that a friend of mine has been hosting for about 15 years.  I missed it last year, and was really sorry to miss all the fun and wonderful ornaments.  It's an all-girl party except for,
my friend's two little Havanese dogs.  Tango and I made friends pretty quickly--Cash paid more attention to those with potential food to share.

I love this party, and having so many ornament to remember so many years.  This is the ornament I got this year,
and it not only plays the Charlie Brown song, the record actually spins.  I almost lost it to one of my friends with children, but in the end she decided that it would take too long to explain to her children what records were and how they actually worked.  Sometimes age pays off.

Then I met Andy at the second party, which was fun all on its own and lots of new people, but one of the hosts is a professional musician around town, knows lots of other professional musicians, and had them bring their instruments.  Luckily, it was more of a jam session and playing around than Christmas carols, so we could REALLY hear them play and do songs they had written or played for years.  Seriously, they could have charged a cover charge for that party. Fun times.

Sunday I wasn't too sore, but I was thoroughly exhausted and had to rest most of the day, which is okay.  Sometimes I have to rest without having done anything fun, so 7-8 hours of attending fun things is okay if it's exhausting.  Progress is progress.................

1 comment:

Son of MCMLXXV said...

That's a cool pic of you and the pup!

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...