Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Things I Have Learned This Week

*  If one is going to go overboard when making appetizers, it's best to make them healthy enough that they can be lunch, breakfast, and dinner for the next few days

*  Normally the cats consider me a bit of a dim bulb, but it doesn't stop them from thinking I can make it warm enough for them to go outside if they just ask often enough.

*  It turns out that I'm not yet that motivated to know if my back muscles can take our recent miserably-cold temperatures or not.  Anything below zero, or even in single digits, is just going to be ignored right now.

*  When you can be made the Bad Guy for setting limits on how often people can use you for their own convenience, it's not much of a relationship to begin with and certainly not a healthy one.

*  Just because you've made a tradition out of watching as many version of "A Christmas Carol" as you can find, it doesn't mean that you have to include "The Smurfs Christmas Carol."  All traditions need limits.

*  I used to think I could figure out pretty much anything on the internet.  Then I met the latest Yahoo Mail upgrade.

*  I am not a good guesser.  When I am being careful about being on ladders and stools and reaching and lifting, I'll STILL manage to find something that is hard on one's back.  This week it was wrapping gifts while sitting on the floor.  In my defense, however, doesn't that sound like an EASY thing?

*  While being strong enough to make it to ALL the holiday parties would be great, after last year it's nice to be able to attend MOST or even half.  Even slow progress is progress.

1 comment:

bittenbyknittin said...

Oh, yeah, my cat blames me for the cold, windy weather. The dog is not excited about it, either, but at least she does not think it is my fault. And sitting on the floor? No.

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...