Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Can Shovel!

While not something I want to do everyday, shoveling snow is somewhat mandatory--at least if you're a nice person and good neighbor--and something I thought I should try while still under the care of a physical therapist.

Wednesday we woke up to several inches of snow, and after my physical therapy appointment and a trip to the grocery store, I thought it time to try my luck.
I did manage to get the entire sidewalk shoveled--which is no small thing when one owns a corner lot.  But between the cold, the ongoing cough, and the back, I didn't make it through the entire driveway.  I didn't hurt my back in any way, but trying to retrain myself to shovel without twisting simply wore my back out.  It's sore today, but just in the muscles.  That's fine.  And today's snow melted off without any help.  We're supposed to get more snow tonight, but then it's supposed to get all the way up to 46 tomorrow, so it can all melt off.  One mustn't overdo these things.......


No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...