Sunday, January 26, 2014

I WAS Up

Last weekend I had kicked this nasty bug, only to get it back on Monday after two nights of not sleeping well.  I'm still dragging around and coughing today, but somewhere in that is a slight improvement.

The only good thing about all this rest is that I have gotten a jump-start on my reading for the year.  I had considered trying for only 75 books this year in order to read some longer books, but as I'm already at 17 books for the year, maybe I'll still hit 100 even with a couple longer books. 

I think the best new books I've read so far this year are Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell and The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman.  I've reread some old favorites:  The Cat Who Came in from the Cold by Deric Longden and Seabiscuit by Laura Hillenbrand, and have only slogged through one real stinker:  The New York Regional Mormon Singles Dance: A Memoir by Elna Baker, and that had a pretty funny first chapter.  Unfortunately, though, there was more than one chapter.  Still, one stinker out of 17 books isn't bad. 

I'm still ready to feel better and have a little less reading time.  It's time to be in the greenhouse!

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...