Saturday, January 18, 2014

I'm Up!

I am still not 100% better, but I have been well enough to take a break from the bedroom and the vaporizer, so I ventured into the sewing room to do something I've been wanting to try for a while:
 a fabric-wrapped rope basket!  I'd seen the idea on Pinterest, then borrowed a book on it from the library during the summer.  For my birthday, Andy gave me:
 and some colored rope to play with.  And since then, I've been trying to learn the technique, but always using colored rope so I only had to deal with shaping and not have to worry about working with fabric strips as well.  Luckily,
 they have a lot of very cool colors of rope to play with.  But today, since it is my first day feeling mostly human all week, I decided the time had come.  And it was fun.  There are tons and tons of mistakes, but for a first attempt, I'm pretty pleased.  And I'm THRILLED to be able to breathe somewhat normally without the aid of steam.  We celebrate the little things around here lately............

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...