Wednesday, February 12, 2014

If You Don't Snooze, You Lose....

Two days in a row completely out of bed now, though my bedtime might be creeping up just a bit each night.  Yesterday I was out and about some, meeting my Great Decisions group in the afternoon and rummaging through some charity shops for a cheap but not too icky desk for the back bedroom, and just did a short walk at night to limber up the muscles without pushing them too hard.

Today I got up, maybe just a little less enthusiastically than the previous two mornings but still feeling good, and took the cats to the vet for their annual check up and shots.  Since I've been hauling Theo around so much, I had bought a bigger carrier for him, so this was their first joint visit, and I can assure you that hauling around 35 pounds of cats is a lot of work no matter WHAT has been going on with one's back.  The room has pheromone mist for the cats, but they could really use a martini dispenser for the humans--or at least free chocolate.

After their ordeal, I brought the cats back home, grabbed some lunch, and headed to the pool for some pool walking.  I am pretty sure I got my hour in--I was there close to two hours, but had to catch up with so many friends that there were lots of stops and rest periods--and my back doesn't feel it at all.  Everything else, however, is a bit tired, and I had almost convinced myself on the way home that laying down for a bit because everything BUT my back was tired was a very different thing than doing it because my back needed it.  When I got home, however,
I found my spot already taken by two traumatized kitties.  I wouldn't look even half as cute lying there, and they have had a much tougher day than I have, so maybe I can make it three days in a row after all.......

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...