Friday, February 21, 2014

Still Moving Forward!

I'm still having bad days here and there, but I'm still improving and the physical therapist was mostly pleased yesterday.  She has curbed my new oh-my-gosh-I-can-move mania with an order to rest every other day (probably because I was getting more and more sore), but I'm hoping that "resting" is a bit more of an open concept than it has been in the last 7 months--like "not in bed."  We'll see.  Yesterday was a bad day again, but only in the afternoon.  In the morning, I had my appointment, ran to the post office, and found this
at a charity shop.  Normally, I'm not a huge basket person, but our house has this
and after a few years of it being a death-camp for house plants, I have given up and switched to silk.  The problem is that the lovely top edges of the cupboards, which give it such a nice look, stick up above the top of the cupboards by about 3 inches, so swags just slip down into invisibility.  I tried propping them up on empty shoe boxes, pinning them, and bending them into odd shapes, but nothing worked.  Finally one day I saw some silk greenery at a second-hand store in a small basket, and have been stalking thrift shops ever since.  And being larger than most, this one is REALLY going to spruce things up.  And I'll even use the step ladder (or at least a chair) to put it up instead of hopping up on the counter.  I may be making more progress than I realized.............

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...