Thursday, May 1, 2014

I Can Swim!!!!

Well, sort of.  Several months ago, I had been told that I probably wouldn't be able to do the breast stroke with my hip problem, but I talked with the physical therapist last week and she thought I was strong enough to try it--but no more than two laps.  I waited until this week because Andy and I were going with my mother to see "Wicked" on Sunday, and I needed to be able to sit for 3 hours.  Wednesday was the big day, and I could do it!  Really, really slowly, and since I haven't swum AT ALL for at least 2 years and had already lifted weights, those two laps were really, really challenging, but I made it!  And I'll be trying again Friday afternoon.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...