Monday, August 11, 2014

Go Idaho!

I love Craigslist.  Ebay has been overrun by people trying to make it a business and I haven't bothered with it in years, but Craigslist is still a great way to buy & sell stuff--especially since one can do it locally rather than having to deal with shipping.

Boise--probably like most towns--has an amazing number of things going on at any given time.  While walking on the greenbelt recently, we came across a regional corn toss tournament.  I didn't even know there was such a thing.  We've also encountered people dressed up in medieval armor having sword fights in the park.  Very cool if that's your thing.  There's all this stuff, and I was curious to find out how these groups form--and find each other.  Obviously, most do not have the money to place ads anywhere, so Craigslist seemed like a good bet, and so one afternoon while resting my back, I decided to check out the "groups" link. 

Boise has a naked hiking group. 

Seriously--go Boise!  I'm not going to join them, but good for them.  I don't really have any problems with people being naked--I spend a lot of time at the gym and people are pretty close to that anyway.  I do wonder if they've really thought about this hiking naked thing, though, for two reasons:

1. sunburn
2. ticks

I think there are just places one doesn't want either one.  Maybe that's just me, but that was the first thing I thought of.  If we run across naked people on the hiking trails, I'm going to ask them.................

1 comment:

Son of MCMLXXV said...

That is hilarious! It's cool people with common interests find each other. Have not stumbled across the hikers yet..

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...