Sunday, October 18, 2015

And Then There's Purple

So this past week, Boise was under a "red alert" for air quality, which is unhealthy for everyone.  Makes sense--it really was nasty.  But Friday, we reached the next level--purple--which is "really unhealthy" for everyone.  I'll admit, I have never looked into this, but I have always assumed that red alerts were the highest one. Did anyone else not know there was a purple level after that?

It turns out, there's even one more level after that:  Maroon.  Maybe it's just because the movies have us so well trained that red alerts mean people running, but does a Maroon Alert sound even remotely scary?

2 comments:

bittenbyknittin said...

I too thought red was the worst. Is there a black?

Amy at love made my home said...

My goodness, I would have thought that red would be the highest! Must be a different sort of scale. I hope that it clears soon. xx

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...