Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day
which used to be one of my favorite days in grade school.  We'd make boxes or envelopes, pick out Valentines (which luckily didn't promote movies yet), then give them to every single classmate during an afternoon school party.  Mom made us give one to every classmate--even those we didn't actually like--so it was a holiday for everyone.

I've been much less of a fan as an adult.  If you're in a relationship, how valuable is it if your partner gives you flowers because it's expected?  If you're not in a relationship, it's the ultimate boy-do-you-not-fit-in-because-you're-single day of the year.  Well I have a lot of great friends who are wonderful people but not in relationships.  I think we should go back to the way it was in grade school--just a fun day to celebrate with friends.  So to all my friends--single, married, dating, divorced, whatever--Happy Valentine's Day!  Who better to love than one's friends?

1 comment:

The Look

Anyone who thinks cats can't learn things hasn't lived with one. It took Theo maybe a month into his diet to figure out that I can...