Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day On the Town

While I'm not a fan of Valentine's day, Sundays are fun days to be out and about--especially now that I can be out and about.  We picked up my cousin for lunch, then we all went to a local winery for a wine and chocolate tasting
then burned off the wine and sugar high by browsing thrift stores (charity shops).  I can't tell you why, but this is something the 3 of us just love to do.  We always find fun stuff--toys we used to have, at least one or two things we can't identify, and, of course, always a few useful items.  I was delighted to find this:
which needs to be repainted and is lacking 2 little screws, but will be some wonderful wall-mounted storage in the sewing room.  We also found these,
which are actually really cheap frames but will make a great display of some of Andy's photographs.  And this lovely tray,
 will either have the tarnish removed if I can, and if I can't, will be painted with chalkboard paint and be useful for parties.  Either way, a great deal for $1.99.  All in all, just a really fun day all the way around.  Which sort of makes up for this......
which is as close as my usual sidekick, Theo, is getting to me right now after I took he and Calisto to the vet this morning for their annual shots.   Believe me, I didn't enjoy it either, but at least this year I didn't end up bleeding, so it was a slight improvement.  The vet thinks they BOTH have stress issues now, which I find amazing in animals that sleep 18-hours a day.  I certainly have stress issues because of them, but that doesn't seem to be as much of an issue.....or at least not one that would be cured by their really expensive cat food.  Thank heavens for wine and chocolate, right?

No comments:

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...