Monday, March 10, 2008

Google Enjoys Messing With Me

Even though I've used Google as a search engine for years, I don't fully understand how it works. I know it will randomly pick off words and include this blog in searches for Canadian female impersonators, knitting, stalkers, divorce, cats--and my personal favorite search, "knitting divorce stalker blog cats," which I just can't even figure out. Are they being stalked by divorced cats that knit? Are they stalking divorced cats who knit? In what scenario would you put those words together for a search??????

After yesterday's post, I was a bit concerned about what sorts of searches my blog would surface in, but I was unprepared for this one--if you search on "a little off the beaten path," (with or without the quotations), it obviously finds my blog, but instead of excerpting the first sentence as normal, Google, free-thinking as always, went this:

A Little Off The Beaten Path

Oh yeah--right after I strip off all my clothes, don a pirate hat, and run up & down the streets of Boise calling myself "Buccaneer Buck E. Naked." ...
catanova.blogspot.com/ - 84k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this



I love Google--a search engine with a sense of humor.

3 comments:

Qutecowgirl said...

Thank You I needed that laugh = )

Son of Renaissance said...

"divorced cats that knit"

This sounds like a comic book that could become a box office hit in the near future! I mean just look what "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" became! =)

Alison said...

Now - I think I have an answer to that search phrase. They're looking for Crazy Aunt Purl and have forgotten her name...

So, how would you *feel* about showing up in a search designed to find Crazy Aunt Purl??

The New Additions

Shortly after moving, we had to put our oldest cat down, so we have adopted 2 new kittens to keep Theo company: Mostly Theo is not thr...